*Please note this ad is a seller submission
Key Ad Information
-Asking Price: $10,500
-Contact: Laurel @ email@example.com
Key Vehicle Data
-Model Year: 1981
You’ve seen him zipping around downtown. You’ve admired him from afar and up close. Now is your chance to own him!
This 1981 Volkswagen Rabbit diesel, 5-speed manual (caddy) pickup truck is in amazingly good condition, tan/gold paint with unique black detailing. Interior is in excellent condition. The odometer reading you see is correct, 142,500 miles.
Extras and stuff:
* Kenwood stereo with flash drive reader and Bluetooth set up, sub-bass behind the driver’s seat and new speakers in the dash
* Bolt-on wing windows replaced the glued-in windows
* Voltage meter and VR reset
* New gas tank, alternator, battery, engine motor mounts, master (brake) cylinder, glow plugs and more that I don’t remember
* Regular maintenance and all mechanical work done by Alex’s Garage
* Includes a full set of studded winter tires
This isn’t just a pretty toy truck – with a 600 pound recommended payload, he may not be able to help your cousin move across the state but he has hauled plenty of lumber and supplies, furniture, etc. (but maybe you were looking for a good excuse to not be able to help your cousin move!), and he still fits in the “compact” parking spaces!
I’ve been running him on biodiesel from SeQuential since I’ve owned him, and he does great with all diesel blends. He gets the typical great gas mileage you expect from a 5-speed manual transmission diesel (better highway than city, better summer than winter), averaging above 40 mpg.
Tags are good through December of 2018, and title is clean.
This is an amazing truck – serious inquiries only please!